MAIN SECTION MEMBERS
Membership in this section allows members to experience a range of features including:
- All the profits are given back to members.
- MIESF fees and costs are very competitive as shown on page 16 of MIESF's 2016 Annual Report.
- MIESF offers two investment options. If you don't make an investment choice, your account balance will be invested in MIESF MySuper.
- There is also a High Growth Option investment choice.
- MIESF currently holds reserves as described on page 19 of the 2016 Annual Report.
- The facility to transfer your benefit to the MIESF Pension section
- You don’t have to leave MIESF when you leave your employer.
- Eligible members under age 65 have $200,000 of death and Terminal Illness insurance cover.
- Eligible members aged 65 to 69 inclusive have $35,000 of death insurance cover.
- Eligible members aged 65 to 68 inclusive have $35,000 of Terminal Illness insurance cover.
- Eligible members under age 39 have $200,000 of TPD insurance cover. The level of cover reduces rapidly from age 39 to age 64 and is $0 from age 65.
- $5.60 per week is deducted from each eligible member's account to cover the cost of insurance.
- The various cover restrictions are explained on pages 3 and 4 of the Insurance Booklet dated 22 October 2014.
- Fund help line service where you get to speak to a person who actually knows your super – no waiting in queues or on hold.
- contributions from your employer including SG amounts paid into the Fund from the Australian Taxation Office or the SHA Special Account;
- personal contributions on a pre-tax basis (also known as salary sacrifice) or after-tax basis (also known as voluntary contributions);
- Government’s co-contributions;
- Government's low income superannuation contributions;
- rollins from other funds; and
- spouse contributions.
Further information on making contributions can be found on pages 4, 5 and 6 of the Additional Member Information Booklet.
If you leave employment, you will be entitled to a lump sum benefit, made up of your total Account Balance.
Further information on your benefit when you leave your employer can be found on pages 2 and 3 of the Additional Member Information Booklet.
Changing Employers doesn’t mean you have to leave MIESF
Instead of taking your money out of MIESF when you change employers you can remain in the Main section of the Fund.
Insured Death, Terminal Illness and TPD Benefits
The Fund provides insurance benefits which are designed to give financial assistance to you or your dependants in the event of your death, terminal illness or total and permanent disablement.
Eligible members are covered 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Further information on your insurance benefits can be found on pages 7 and 8 of the Product Disclosure Statement.
Early release conditions
Contact the Fund Office for further information.
PENSION SECTION MEMBERS
Looking for a regular income on retirement?
MIESF’s Pension section is open to members who have:
- retired permanently from the workforce and are over their preservation age (55 to 60 depending on your date of birth); or
- left the meat industry after age 60 even though you continue working in another industry; or
- reached age 65; or
- become totally and permanently disabled.
You can also receive a transition to retirement pension if you have reached your preservation age.
Further information on these pensions can be found in the Pension section PDS.
SPOUSE SECTION MEMBERS
Main section members have the ability to contribute to the Fund on behalf of their spouse. So everyone can enjoy the great services and benefits of MIESF.
Further information on spouse membership can be found on page 4 of the Product Disclosure Statement.